RuneScape players can create potions and clean herbs with Herblore, a skill that is only available to members. One way of training this skill is by adding ingredients looted or bought from the Grand Exchange into vials containing water – but there are two ways to do it: slower and more profitable versus faster but expensive.
In this OSRS herblore guide, we will go over the best methods you can use in order to level up your skills as quickly as possible!
The first thing you need to do to start training Herblore is complete the Druidic Ritual quest. It’s fairly short and simple – basically, all you have to help Druids north of Taverley make a potion so they can reclaim their stone circle south of Varrock. Upon completion, not only are your Herblore XP boosted by 250 points but also your level moves up 3 levels.
Now for some quests that’ll give players quick experience when it comes down to leveling up one’s OSRS skillset-wise.
- Jungle Potion is a short OSRS quest that takes place in Karamja that grants 775 herblore experience.
- Zogre Flesh Eaters requires a level 8 herblore for completion and grants you 2,000 experience.
- The Dig Site can be completed at level 10 Herblore and grants you 2,000 experience.
- Shades of Mort’ton requires level 15 Herblore and gives 2 000 experience as well.
- Grim Tales can be completed at level 52 herblore and gives you 5 000 experience.
- Eadgar’s Ruse requires level 31 herblore and grants you the highest amount of experience among OSRS quests at 11 000!
OSRS Herblore Training Guide
There are a few ways you can get more Herblore experience. One is by making potions, which take herbs and some other ingredients to make more potent versions of what would be found in the wild. Another way is through cleaning these same types of plants, which have been gathered from their natural environment but now require careful preparation before they’re ready for use as medicine or foodstuffs. In order to create a potion with two different components – like an herb plus something else – you’ll need the appropriate materials on hand.
Making potions is a faster, more AFKable method of training Herblore than cleaning grimy herbs. The most efficient way to train it by making potions is by buying your base and secondary ingredients from the Grand Exchange in order to mix them. However, that’s quite expensive and requires lots of resources- or you can opt to buy cheap OSRS gold so you don’t have to spend as much time on training.
The fastest way to get the most Herblore experience per hour is by making potions that offer the highest xp/h. They are, of course, more expensive so if you can’t spend a lot on training your Herblore skill it’s best to go for cheaper options which will take longer but cost less money in total.