GAME 38: Oregon State (26-11) vs UC Irvine (23-12)
April 25, 2021 • 1:00 p.m. PT • Irvine, Calif. • Cicerone Field at Anteater Ballpark
RHP Jake Pfennigs (2-0, 3.18) against RHP Michael Frias (5-0, 2.23)
Oregon State and UC Irvine will finish their three-game series on Sunday at Cicerone Field at Anteater Ballpark. The first pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m. PT.
All games will be broadcast 30 minutes before the first pitch on the Beaver Sports Network. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM and 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM and 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM and 96.1-AM FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games before 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490 -AM (Salem, weekend games).
To watch the game online, visit osubeavers.com and see the live broadcast on the Oregon State Baseball Schedule page. The games can be heard using the TuneIn application, available for smartphones and tablets (search the Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online at OSUBeavers.com. Click the schedule link for a direct link to the live video.
A live video stream produced by the State of Oregon will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Garret Forrester and Joe Casey both scored and finished with three hits apiece, but the Beavers dropped an 11-9 decision on Saturday afternoon. Forrester scored in the third and Casey in the fifth as the Beavers hit a 7-2 deficit. OSU scored five from fifth through eight to tie the game at nine.
Divided by two
• Oregon State has scored a total of 16 runs and 25 hits in the series’ first two games. The beavers beat .321 in the first two games.
• Ryan Ober has had 12 bats in their first two games and four hits with two doubles, three runs scored, one home run and two runs beaten.
• The state of Oregon has completed five home races in three games this week. one against Portland four in two games against UC Irvine.
• Twenty of Beaver’s 33 home races this season have been played in non-conference games. Nineteen got off Goss Stadium in Coleman Field.
• The team’s 33 home runs are third in the Pac-12 with UCLA.
Gretler’s big week
• Matthew Gretler has scored in all three games this week. The second year has seen five RBIs after winning 3-1 with a runscoring double on Saturday.
• Gretler has scored four goals in the three games, including a home game against Portland on Tuesday.
• The state of Oregon increased its fielding percentage for the season to 0.985 after playing flawless baseball in the first two games in the series.
• The Beavers lead the Pac-12 ahead of Stanford and Oregon, both of which are 0.981.
• The OSU has made 20 mistakes this season and is the first with 0.54 for the fewest per game at national level.
• Garret Forrester has safely bottomed in 13 games in a row, the longest run of any Beaver this season.
• Forrester is also in a five-game series.
• Andy Armstrong has the longest active streak in six games.
• The beavers stole four bases on Saturday, which were the most drawn this season. The OSU stole four against Gonzaga on April 5. The state of Oregon is 30 to 34 on stolen base attempts this season.