Robert Irvine on the Food Network’s “Restaurant Impossible”. (Image courtesy of Food Network)
Fri, July 17, 2020, 12:40 p.m.
The deal includes the new spin-off “Restaurant Impossible: Back in Business”, new episodes of “Restaurant: Impossible” and additional content for linear and digital platforms
World-class chef, cookbook author and philanthropist Robert Irvine has signed a new multi-year deal with Food Network, Courtney White, President of Food Network, announced on Friday. This two-year deal includes new episodes of the long-running hit show “Restaurant: Impossible” as well as additional content developed by Irvine across the Discovery portfolio, with medium and short-form projects for linear and digital platforms. including the Food Network Kitchen App.
Irvine, a culinary staple from Food Network, will also continue its quest to fight restaurant owners across the board in the new spin-off series, Restaurant Impossible: Back in Business, premiering Thursday, July 30th (9:00 PM ET / PT) Country to help. In the above series, Irvine is helping previously featured restaurants affected by the current pandemic. The series is accompanied by a brand new after show where Irvine and other members of the “RI” family go behind the scenes of each episode and answer questions from fans.
The final season of Restaurant: Impossible was a hit with fans both on the air and online. The L3 ratings were double digits for P25-54, W25-54 and three digits for M25-54 year over year.Before benchmarks and social media interactions increased 25% from last season. The series’ complementary content has received over 5 million video views on social media platforms to date, with #RestaurantImpossible being trending on Twitter during seven of the season’s ten premieres.
“Robert Irvine’s relentless dedication to serving restaurant owners in need, as well as his passion and support for service members and first responders have made Robert a fan favorite over the years,” said White. “I couldn’t be more excited about Robert staying with the Food Network family as he continues to captivate viewers with the Restaurant: Impossible franchise and deliver future projects that are sure to help and inspire.”
“I am extremely grateful to have had the Food Network as my professional home for so many years – and I am positively excited that our partnership will continue for the foreseeable future,” said Irvine. “But the biggest thanks go to our fans, whose enthusiasm and support make everything possible. We have a lot to do as more restaurants than ever before need a helping hand. Now let’s get to work!”
Irvine is a chef and entrepreneur best known for his work as the host of “Restaurant: Impossible,” which is now on its 17th season. A philanthropist focused on the problems of veterans and first responders, he established the Robert Irvine Foundation to serve service members, veterans and first responders, including the wounded, sick, or injured through resilience, health and wellness support programs and their families in need support. including caring for wounded service members and assisting surviving family members. Irvine has hosted or appeared on Food Networks Dinner: Impossible, Worst Cooks in America, Next Iron Chef, Restaurant Express, Chopped: Impossible, Guy’s Grocery Games: Impossible, and A Hero’s Welcome “,”, among others. He is also the author of four cookbooks, the most recent of which, “Family Table,” serves as a guide to reuniting families around the dining table. Robert launched Robert Irvine Magazine, a free digital magazine that focuses on healthy recipes, fitness advice and motivation to succeed in all areas of life.