The WPT Online series kicked off this weekend at partypoker and it wasn’t long before a British player got his hands on a title. Billy Irvine won the WPT # 01 Opener Title and a combined prize of more than $ 81,000.
Irvine started the tournament well and bagged enough chips for ninth place on Day 1B. He built on that impressive start and became a worthy winner. The win was confirmed after Irvine defeated Dutch heads-up Ronnie Lemmens. Irvine raised $ 39,608 from the grand prize pool plus additional bounty payments worth $ 42,233.
Conor BeresfordIrvine’s Briton joined him at the final table. However, Beresford fell to third place and had to settle for a consolation prize of $ 32,241.
WPT # 01 Opener Final Table Results
|1||Billy Irvine||United Kingdom||$ 39,608||$ 42,233||$ 81,841|
|2||Ronnie Lemmens||Netherlands||$ 39,550||$ 19,483||$ 59,033|
|3||Conor Beresford||United Kingdom||$ 26,835||$ 5,406||$ 32,241|
|4th||Alexander Van Der Swaluw||Netherlands||$ 17,729||$ 8,156||$ 25,885|
|5||Joel Nystedt||Austria||$ 12,136||$ 7,253||$ 19,389|
|6th||Casimir Seire||Finland||$ 9,418||$ 8,767||$ 18,185|
|7th||Rodrigo Selouan||Brazil||6,783 USD||$ 750||$ 7,533|
Small, Schindler win big in the ARIA High Roller series
More highlights from partypoker on May 16th
- Thomas Duggan – Third in the $ 55 mini big game for $ 14,000
- Toby Lewis – Seventh Place in the $ 109 Mini Opener for $ 4,078 *
- Matthew Whatmore – Eighth place in the $ 215 Turbo Bounty for $ 1,064 *
- Matthew Dickie – Ninth Place in the $ 11 Micro Opener for $ 780 *
- Daniel Jones – fifth place in the $ 22 Mini Turbo Bounty for $ 728 *
* includes bounty payments
Great Britain One, Two, Three in the PokerStars Sunday Marathon
This week’s PokerStars Sunday Marathon drew only 43 participants, but the top three players call the UK their home. Only six payers received a portion of the $ 21,500 prize pool. So think about seventh place, Conor “1_conor_b_1” Beresford, who was the unfortunate soul to burst the money bubble.
Sergi “srxakgirona” Reixach was the first finalist to win money. Team PokerStars’ Lex “L. Veldhuis” Veldhuis came to Reixach soon afterwards. Ukraine Star Andrey “anjeyyy” NovakThe elimination in fourth place left three Union Jacks in the chip counts.
These three became two when Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot bowed third. Proudfoot’s death passed Patrick “pads1161” Leonard and “The-Martyr-1206” heads up for the title. The one-on-one battle when the latter were on their way and they raised $ 7,558 left Leonard off with $ 5,174.
$ 530 Sunday Marathon Final Table Results
|1||The-martyr-1206||United Kingdom||$ 7,558|
|2||Patrick “pads1161” Leonard||United Kingdom||$ 5,174|
|3||Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot||United Kingdom||$ 3,543|
|4th||Andrey “Anjeyyy” Novak||Ukraine||$ 2,425|
|5||Lex “L. Veldhuis” Veldhuis||Netherlands||$ 1,660|
|6th||Sergi “srxakgirona” Reixach||Mexico||$ 1,137|
partypoker Adds New Hot Tables Stakes; Max price now $ 1,000
More highlights from PokerStars on May 16th
- purrrt – second place in the $ 215 Bounty Builder for $ 8,597 *
- Sam “SamSquid” Grafton – third in the $ 1,050 Sunday Warm-Up for $ 7,086
- DuTTiFruTTi9 – Seventh place at the $ 215 NLHE Afterparty for $ 6,666
- Patrick “pads1161” Leonard – fifth place in the $ 1,050 Sunday Warm-Up for $ 3,321
- Treddan – Third in the $ 215 NLO8 Sunday Supersonic for $ 2,581
Near Misses Galore at GGPoker
None of our players got a win at GGPoker on May 16th, but our heroes had several near misses.
Ireland’s “Quackhouse” almost got their hands on a WSOPC ring when they reached the final table of Event # 10: $ 100 Hundred Stack. The Irish grinder ran out of breath at the final table and finished fifth, a result of $ 26,824.
There was a similar story at the $ 150 GGMasters. The tournament drew 990 spectators that weekend and Ireland’s “Kojaque” navigated to the nine-handed final table. Their time there was short-lived as they dropped out in eighth place, replenishing their bankroll with $ 18,853. A handful of digits down and they could have made a six-figure move.
Old School vs. New School: Negreanu analyzes the 2015 WSOP Main Event Hand
More GGPoker Highlights From May 16th
- Jack Salter – tenth place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $ 5,250 Bounty Hunters SHR for $ 18,733 *
- TewTall – Seventh Place in the WSOPC Series: $ 525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $ 16,367 *
- michael79 – Second place in the $ 105 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $ 8,788 *
- kid1591 – Second place in the $ 210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $ 3,484 *
- Jmartins – fourth place in the $ 210 Six Shooter Turbo for $ 2,554 *
- Chris Moorman – Eighth Place in the WSOPC Series: $ 250 Sunday Double Stack Fast for $ 2,411
- penguy2 – sixth place in the $ 105 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $ 1,319 *
* includes bounty payments
Trio of Big Scores at 888poker
There were a few things to discuss at 888poker where “pesadilla666” won the $ 20,000 Gtd Sunday Big Shot 55 for $ 3,954. They were joined by “Sahrie11” at the final table, who dropped into fourth place for $ 1,508.
In the Big Shot 109 Main Event, a $ 150,000 guaranteed tournament topped by $ 25,000, “DHKING” took third place, walking away for $ 11,775.