DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning office with more than 100 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building the communities in which we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and wellbeing. That same passion for Place® begins with our own work environment – a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to find out more.
DAHLIN has made it its business to welcome and support a diverse community of professionals. Therefore, women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are currently looking for an ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER to join the Residential team in our IRVINE, CA office. Our ideal candidate should fully understand all common aspects of architecture under the general guidance of a senior project team member. This person is responsible for creating and coordinating project draft and / or construction documents for small projects. If necessary, they also support project teams and other employees.
In response to COVID-19, our employees may be temporarily working from home according to instructions from the local county and state government. Occasionally, project staff may still have to visit active construction sites during the shelter-in-place assignment (in compliance with COVID regulations). New employees are supported through virtual onboarding and training, as well as online collaboration tools. We assume that after the restrictions are lifted, the employees will return to their respective office locations and DAHLIN will determine that it is safe to do so. Therefore, potential candidates for this position should be willing to commute to our Irvine, CA office and / or construction sites in Southern California as needed.
- Independently perform a wide variety of tasks that require knowledge of all traditional aspects of architectural design
- Coordinate and follow plans, views, sections, roofs and details
- Perform analysis of design, planning, and occupancy studies, as well as limited design layouts
- Prepare project specifications, compile and analyze relevant data
- Review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations
- Review drawings and designs to ensure that the specified specifications and standards are being met
- Respond to external consultants as directed
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SKILLS:
- Strong skills and talents in SketchUp modeling, Revit / BIM, and AutoCAD; Adobe Design Suite preferred
- Growing awareness of building code restrictions
- Willingness to work on a wide variety of building typologies and architectural styles
- Self motivated; Ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-up
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of experience in the production of residential projects preferred.
- Graduated from NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Commitment to one´s own professional growth; preferably to get a license as an architect
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application. We therefore regret that, due to the large volume of inquiries, we cannot accept calls regarding the status of the applications. We will contact you if we need further information. Apply now!
How to apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers.
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on the business needs. Applicants must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the United States. A work visa sponsorship is not available now or in the future for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, recruitment agencies, or other recruitment agencies who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes are not eligible for transfer fees.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
View your application history