DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning office with more than 100 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building the communities in which we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and wellbeing. That same passion for Place® begins with our own work environment – a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to find out more.
DAHLIN has made it its business to welcome and support a diverse community of professionals. Therefore, women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are currently looking for an energetic, confident and highly motivated Intermediate Architectural Project Manager for our office in IRVINE, CA. Qualified candidates will demonstrate experience in developing city infills with an emphasis on residential architecture at all levels. This seasoned professional acts as the primary customer contact and has full responsibility for proactively managing all aspects of exciting new projects to get the schedule, budget and scope of work to completion and to the customer’s satisfaction.
In response to COVID-19, our employees may be temporarily working from home according to instructions from the local county and state government. Occasionally, project staff may still have to visit active construction sites during the shelter-in-place assignment (in compliance with COVID regulations). New employees are supported through virtual onboarding and training, as well as online collaboration tools. We assume that once the restrictions are lifted, employees will return to their respective office locations and DAHLIN will determine that it is safe to do so. Therefore, potential candidates for this position should be willing to commute to our San Diego office and / or construction sites in Southern California as needed.
- Manage and coordinate all administrative and technical project efforts to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects at all stages of development, including design development, construction documents and site supervision for projects
- Estimate fees, determine the scope of work, prepare proposals and contracts, and monitor compliance with conditions
- Actively manage customer budgets, schedules and programs, project communications, documentation, and project team assignments
- Act as the primary point of contact to bring the schedule, budget, and scope of work to completion and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and oversee the work of less experienced workers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SKILLS:
- Extensive experience using project management tools for project initiation, planning, billing and workforce tracking
- Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Confident; Persistent while maintaining positive working relationships with customers, external consultants and technical staff
- Can effectively and positively give direction and lead architecture staff
- Strong skills and talents in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD and Revit / BIM
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Over 5 years of proven experience coordinating all administrative and technical project efforts at all stages of development, including design development, construction documents and construction management for projects
- Graduated from a NAAB accredited 4- or 5-year architecture school
- Commitment to your own professional growth
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application. We therefore regret that we cannot accept calls regarding the status of applications due to the large volume of inquiries. We will contact you if we need further information. Apply now at https://www.dahlingroup.com/ca …!
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on the business needs. Applicants must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the United States. A work visa sponsorship is not available now or in the future for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, recruitment agencies, or other recruitment agencies who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes are not eligible for transfer fees.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
View your application history